Friday, June 11, 2010

Lacey Days









*Click photos to view larger versions

Outfit Details:
Lace Blouse- F21
Shorts- French Connection
Gold Clogs- Enzo Angiolini
Charm bracelet- F21

Last week I ventured down to Murfreesboro to drop off some new pieces at Mesh boutique and found that I had some time to kill. Naturally, I headed over to the mall, which has a F21 (and as I am obviously going through withdrawals since ours at Opry Mills was destroyed with the Flood *boohoo*, I had to go in). The first item I saw when I walked in was this lovely sheer lace blouse. I ended up buying it, as well as the gold charm bracelet I am wearing too! Paired with a lovely pair of high waisted shorts from French Connection that Hannahdoll left behind while in Germany, and some gold clogs I've had..well...forever (and by forever I mean at LEAST 5 or 6 years), this has easily become my new favorite outfit.

Last week I splurged on a set of hot rollers, and I've been rolling my hair every few days, a la Shirley Temple. It's easy and smooths all the frizz out of my naturally flouffy hair, albeit a little warm in the mornings to have hot rollers on my head in my not so heavily air conditioned house. BUT, still worth it in my opinion!

As you may have noticed, I've moved! My parents bought a historic house in Madison, TN, which is known as Idlewild! Complete with fireplaces in every room, chandeliers, vintage style bathrooms, and even 3 ghosts (I've yet to make contact, but updates will ensue when it happens)! I'm still working on decorating, but have set up my fireplace area with my hefty (nearing absurd) collection of vintage suitcases, a vintage chair found in a friend's basement (that desperately needs to be re-upholstered!), and other bits and bobs. I think I want a large vintage mirror to put above the mantle....

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOOOOVE your curls. they look amazing.

You know I'm not living too far from Madison. I literally just moved into a place in North Inglewood. So fun!

Gillian said...

I love that the house is called Idlewild, it sounds so magical. IT looks beautiful too!
Cut outfit, I love anything with lace :)

Unknown said...

I love it! The outfit and the background. I think maybe I should come over and we can collaborate and do a photoshoot.... or you can just model my stuff and let me take your picture in all that prettiness!!!

Heather Taylor said...

You look incredible!

Lauren Winter said...

so so cute! you look really adorable. how awesome that you've owned those shoes for that long and they're still cool.

how crazy that we were that close to each other the other weekend! too bad we couldn't meet. I didn't know you were still in nashville! next time I'm in bongo java, I'm definitely hitting up feedback clothing just to see if you're in there.

Chantele Cross-Jones said...

Great look! Love your hair!
http://daisymay-dayz.blogspot.com