Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Pom Poms and Bear Heads










For Christmas my Mother surprised me with a set of vintage Samsonite suitcases. I had been looking for cream colored luggage for quite a while to stack and use as an end table, and these are amazingly perfect! When we went to Louisiana after Christmas, I was rummaging through my Grandmary's attic and found old issues of Cosmopolitan from the 1930s. When I was flipping through one of them, I not only found an ad for Belmont (back when it was an all girl's school), but I also found the ad for this entire luggage set! (It seems I am missing 2 pieces....which I will most definitely be on the lookout for :).

Hannahdoll also got me a pair of Kate Spade slippers, which are so adorable, and make me so happy when I shuffle downstairs every morning to make my tea!

I would have to say my favorite piece of the luggage set, though, is the toiletries case. When you open it, there are still traces of someone's face powder, and there were even some old hotel soaps left it in it. Pictured in it is a vintage fur collar I found on ebay, and Mr. Bear Head. He's one of my favorite presents ever. My mom got him for me when I was a freshman at Belmont. My friends all thought he was super creepy, as he's really just a head stuck on a wooden rod with some ribbons, but I think he's lovely :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your mother is a good gift-giver!

Love Simone said...

Yes ma'm I'm a lucky girl :)