Sunday, September 25, 2011

Style ADD: A Sunday Morning Musing









images via weheartit.com




So I woke up today thinking about many things:

1.) How I need to get a move on with several projects that have ever looming deadlines (normal for me....oops)

2.) It's Sunday, and I'm off work! Waffles and coffee, then back to bed to snuggle for a bit longer? Ok!

3.) While catching up on several favorite blogs, and discovering some new ones too, I started to wonder about how I would describe my style to others. It kind of made me feel sad, because I never really know how to explain it to people. In my head, I usually just think that I like to play dress up, and leave it at that.

I think I wake up every morning and want to do something different. I adore vintage blouses with high-waisted skirts; I love simple black leggings with an oversized flannel shirt and droopy hat with combat boots; and some days I love throwing on a Betsey Johnson party dress with a blazer and 5 inch heels. And sometimes, I want to wear my combat boots with my party dress! Some days I wish I could define my style, but I'm not sure I really want to. I'm just so ADD with everything in my life....my hair, my clothes, and my inspirations. I think it's great that so many people have specific shapes and styles and colors that they wear, but that's just not me. Going forward, I'd like to think that I can stop trying to fit myself into any kind of box and just go with it. So what will I be wearing today? Tomorrow? Couldn't tell you. Let's find out :)





1 comment:

Dawn said...

I think you have described yourself just perfectly and I love your style. If I had to describe your it, I would say it is romantic with a twist. I love it. You are adorable and punky and smart. Happy to follow along. I love cats!! my local goodwill needs to get on the ball with that 1 dollar wed. indeed. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo